Monday, July 2, 2007

I've landed...

So, first full day in Salford, the chav count is surprisingly low so far (I'm almost disappointed that nobody has threatened to cut me up yet). The house is actually really nice (try as I might I could not help but imagine it would be a shit-hole). Of course no new house is complete without a few random expensive buys. Mine being a little more expensive than the norm: a shelf from Ikea (acceptable at £20) and a brand new beautiful funky and shiny imac, coming in at a not-quite-so-sensible £1200. Yes I got reeled in by the sales patter and parted with an extra £300 of my money for an extra four inches of screen. The logic that the salesman drip-fed me was that I was upgrading for the sake of the graphic design part of my course so should get the best machine for my money. This all made sense in the shiny whiteness of the shop, from the shiny white toothed salesman, however I now wonder if I maybe went a little mad. This computer is an utter beast, takes up two thirds of my desk and is a little complicated for my small brain to fathom (luckily the boy is only too happy to help out setting it up, I think he really just wants to play with the new toy). But nobody can deny that my new computer is bloody cool, even if it makes the boy swear more than normal.

I had a job interview today, one of those annoying ones where the interviewer makes all the right noises at you but gives nothing away about whether you've actually got the job. I shall find out by Friday apparently. I'd really like to get this job, and only half of the reason for that is that I can't be bothered handing out more CVs.

Anyway, off to finish unpacking and start to re-download my whole music collection onto my new computer.

No comments: