Sunday, July 8, 2007

So, lots has happened since Iast wrote anything, whether it is of any interest to anyone other than me is another matter. I shall write it down anyway, in nothing like the correct order.

I did get the job in the club after all, so from now on, I am Nicki The Barmaid, exciting stuff. Five nights a week I will be found serving alcohol to drunken students and stumbling in at stupid o'clock. Okay, so the second part is nothing new, but it's going to be a bit of a shock to the system staying sober at those hours of the day.

Today I had an interview for another job (this time working the weekends), well, actually the interview was meant to be yesterday but I got locked inside the house all day yesterday (note to self: check your house keys work before the boy goes off to work in Nottingham). My god, you'd think I was applying for the SAS with the number of questions they asked. And what questions, they quizzed me on technical matters of outdoor pursuits (the interview was at North Face, outdoorsy type shop) and my involvement in said pursuits. Thank god for my first high school where skiing and other cold and challenging things were compulsory. Anyway, after I breathed a sigh of relief at getting through the questioning in tact, I was informed that I shall hear "shortly" whether I have reached the second interview stage... I almost died at the thought of going trough that again, but we will see if it comes to that.
It does seem a little ridiculous that if I get this second job, then between the two of us, the boy and I will have six jobs.

On the way home from the interview I got caught in a thunderstorm, it was rather exciting, and sounded like someone rolling a bowling ball around the sky, there were incredible black clouds and even a cartoon-style lightning bolt or two. Magical.

Our little house is really coming together now, all that is left to purchase are bins for the bathroom and kitchen which I believe we are buying tomorrow. I finally completed my quest for a cutlery tray for our cutlery drawer today, I never thought it would be so hard to find something so simple! We even have painted canvases hanging in the stairwell which I feel have elevated our status to true pretention.

Anyway, I'm off to unload the washing machine and wash up before the boy returns from Whereverthehellhesworkingtoday. I am a Domestic Goddess.

1 comment:

Xi Han said...

Hey Nicki it's Nikki, how are you? Enjoying life with the boy (lucky biatch, wish I were living with MY boy!)? Anyways I got me a blog now too, woop!: www.bestxinjiangdiaryever.blogspot.com
May become a lil more interesting when I actually go lol.
Nikki xxx