Thursday, July 19, 2007

Lonely

This isn't the way it's meant to be! Living with the Boy is supposed to be full of laughing and crazy sex whenever we want it, but in reality, since I started my job we've had one day together where neither of us was working and on that day I got drunk and fell asleep in the spare room, thus wasting our precious moments of free time. To make it even more irritating, the Boy is at present in Scotland. Where is it that I wanted to go home to but can't afford time off/ train tickets? Oh yes! Scotland!
Ah well, the boy is back on Saturday and I do believe that we both have Sunday off, so maybe I shall resure domestic goddess status (I admit I've not retained that title in his absence) and cook us Sunday lunch.

So, since being in Salford I have so far managed to escape altercations with the legendary chav population, although I have not managed to walk through Salford alone without being wolf whistled or beeped at. I do not believe, however (unfortunately) that this means I have become more attractive, as one of these times I was in my pyjamas with no makeup on (shuttup, I was going to the shop to buy butter for my breakfast toast).

Tuesday night was my first night out with my new work mates, a scary prospect indeed, however I braved it in an attempt to actually make some friends and I had a lot of fun although I was ridiculed for my dislike of Oasis. I do think that I may have to make an effort to drag the boy out to somewhere slightly different one night though, as I'm getting to the point that if I have to hear any more generic indie music I may just explode. Unfortunate since I am working in an indie club four nights this week and five nights next week.

Anyway, paranoia that the Boy might turn up earlier than expected and find the house in its current state means I must go and attempt to tidy up.

No comments: